

I have found that recently in the studio I've spent so much time trying to prepare grounds and canvas correctly that when I finally come to paint something, I have forgotten what I wanted to paint in the first place. Thus, the lesson learned here is that you must ALWAYS PREPARE.
So having spent the last two weeks preparing cotton fabric on stretchers i've finally started painting.
This year I've tried to make work in a more organic way, instead of systematically making something I think would look aesthetically 'good', I want to make work that I can say comes directily from what i'm interested in. Through tutorials and crits i'm realising more and more that I always want to be anecdotal. Telling stories of the types of people I know or have met. I want to try and to this through painting.
Kitsch, narrative, figure painting. With a wee bit of Agnes Martin meets Hammer Horror in there.
"I see a little sillouetto of a bam,
addidas, addidas,
will yeh show me yer giro?"

No comments:
Post a Comment